Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Metropolitan Comes Back to Life

Knowing that I had this week off--before starting my new job--I decided to turn my successful job-finding energy loose to get my 1956 Nash Metropolitan's replacement wiring harness installed and make the car roadworthy. As of this moment, the job is not 100 percent done--but I was able to start the car and drive it up and down the street tonight--something it has not done in a year. The photo is taken today, in my driveway.

We still need to go in and get all the electrical parts functioning, but I set myself a week to do this and it's only Tuesday.

Much thanks go to Mike Connolly, my neighbor, who is not only car knowledgeable and a professional electrician--he's a great guy too. Mike is patient, and was able to get a lot done--and still let me work on my car myself too. He taught me about crimping wires today.

I'm so excited. I'll make another blog update when the job is complete.

No comments: