Monday, March 7, 2011

Mercedes-Benz Club Fun--Saved by Roadside Assistance

Thanks to Adam at my friendly and helpful press fleet, I was able to secure a Mercedes-Benz CL 550 this week so I could attend the Mercedes-Benz Club of America San Francisco chapter's First Sunday Drive yesterday.

We drove a convoy of vehicles, ranging from a couple of early 70's 280 SE sedans to a couple pretty little silver SLKs to my brand new car. We were undeterred by drizzle--we even took two very short ferry rides out in the S.F. Bay Delta area.

Appealingly curving roads with nobody on them, great conversations, a nice brunch at the Ryde Hotel in Walnut Grove, and, then, a small Mercedes adventure.

On the way home, I got a message on my instrument panel that my right rear tire was losing pressure. New cars do this--they inform you of things. I pulled off into a Chevron station and was able to contact Mercedes-Benz Roadside Assistance. That's one benefit of driving an expensive car.
A polite young man called me and came out just a few minutes later with his ML 350 crossover with Mercedes emblazoned on it. In a few minutes (and in the rain) he applied the spare for me. He also showed me the big nail that was stuck in my tire!
The day was saved!

I wonder where the club is going on April 3?

No comments: